1. Take extra vitamin D. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin so be sure to speak with your doctor, naturopath, etc about how much is enough to take for your body.
2. Go outside when you can. Your skin produces vitamin D when exposed to sunlight so get some rays whenever possible.
3. Eat a clean diet. A clean diet means avoid the soda, processed food, and sugar. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. An unhealthy diet can increase the moodiness during the winter blues.
4. Get your blood moving. Meaning get some exercise. Exercising increases blood flow. Studies state exercise can dramatically improve mood and depression symptoms. So take 30 minutes a day to improve your state of mind.
5. Listen to your favorite jams. There are several studies that conclude music therapy can improve your mood.