Fibromyalgia is characterized by chronic pain in the musculoskeletal system along with sleeping, memory, mood problems, headaches, jaw pain (TMJ), lower abdomen pain, and fatigue. The exact cause of fibromyalgia is unknown however there are many natural treatments that may help manage the symptoms. Below are just a few.
1. Chiropractic care realigns the position of the bones, which in turn relieves pain, improves range of motion, and improves function. Thus chiropractic care can help with the aches and pains that a fibromyalgia sufferer experiences.
2. Nutrition is another major component to relieving fibromyalgia symptoms. Studies have shown that Vitamin D can help reduce the pain that fibromyalgia sufferers experience. Gluten can cause inflammation in the gut which in turn can cause digestive issues. A dys-functional gut can cause a cascade of other issues. The reason for this is your digestive system is your second immune system.
3. Low impact exercises such as yoga and pilates are great for fibromyalgia individuals. When you exercise you increase oxygen to the muscles and increase energy levels. This can help battle the fatigue symptoms that fibromyagia individuals experience.
1. References: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/fibromyalgia/basics/definition/con-20019243
2. Florian Wepner, Raphael Scheuer, Birgit Schuetz-Wieser, Peter Machacek, Elisabeth Pieler-Bruha, Heide S. Cross, Julia Hahne, Martin Friedrich. Effects of vitamin D on patients with fibromyalgia syndrome: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. PAIN®, 2014; 155 (2): 261 DOI: 10.1016/j.pain.2013.10.002
Every year millions of people create their New Year’s resolution. Claiming they are going to lose weight or be healthier. What many people fail to do is strategically plan out their goals. Getting healthy is not easy. It takes determination, time, and a whole lot of courage. Most of us know that it takes a balanced diet and exercise to get and stay healthy. But did you know chiropractic care can help you get healthy and stay healthy as well?
It has been proven that those who see a chiropractor on a regular basis are less likely to get sick.
Imagine starting your year without a cold/flu. Chiropractic care can help you do that. Chiropractors find the cause of your problems. We do not simply cover up the symptoms by prescribing pain medication. Pain medication works by telling your brain that there are no issues. Whether that is your head, back, or neck they all work the same way. Anti inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen block your body’s ability to create the inflammation response. So why not make this year the year that you stick with your health goals. Schedule an appointment today.
The Effects of Chiropractic on the Immune System:
A Review of the Literature
Chiropractic Journal of Australia 1993 (Dec); 23 (4): 132–135
Alpharetta Chiropractor, Dr. Bates takes care of patients with many health issues. Her goal is to allow you to have the best quality of life possible.