All around the world many people are experiencing winter blues. Winter blues occurs during the winter months when the sun is not out for as long compared to the summer. Many people experience symptoms of sadness, depression, lack of motivation, plus much more. To turn your blue to yellow. Try these simple tips.
1. Take extra vitamin D. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin so be sure to speak with your doctor, naturopath, etc about how much is enough to take for your body.
2. Go outside when you can. Your skin produces vitamin D when exposed to sunlight so get some rays whenever possible.
3. Eat a clean diet. A clean diet means avoid the soda, processed food, and sugar. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. An unhealthy diet can increase the moodiness during the winter blues.
4. Get your blood moving. Meaning get some exercise. Exercising increases blood flow. Studies state exercise can dramatically improve mood and depression symptoms. So take 30 minutes a day to improve your state of mind.
5. Listen to your favorite jams. There are several studies that conclude music therapy can improve your mood.
Roswell Chiropractor, Dr. Bates takes care of patients with many health issues. Her goal is to allow you to have the best quality of life possible.